If you didn't catch the sneak peek of GLEE a few weeks ago, write yourself a Post-It right now, so you won't miss it in the Fall. I'm not a TV girl, but this show...it's that good. I literally laughed out loud throughout -- and then cried at the end.
Whoa...what?
You heard me.
This ending scene had me smiling and tearing up at the same time because I was so there. There's no feeling like that feeling, and I was there. I was there with those kids onstage as they sang their hearts out, making their crosses and exchanging glances with each other. Those glances that say -- that scream -- "Man, I love this!!"
There is no feeling like being onstage with people that you normally wouldn't cross paths with, building relationships, becoming like a family, and sharing something that is truly remarkable: the moment.
I know because I've been there -- when the song, the scene, the line, the moment was just right. There's usually no words exchanged but only a glance that asks, "Wow...did you feel that?"
Yes.
I did. I have. I will again.
The feeling is on these kids' faces, and I know it's been on mine -- and I crave it. It sounds clichéd, but I feel most alive when I'm onstage, and there's no arguing with something you love so much that it makes you simultaneously laugh and cry from the intensity of the emotion and passion you have for it.
"Hold onto that feeling," they sing.
Yeah...you better believe I will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment